What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient form of therapy, thought to be thousands of years old and believed to have originated from Tibetan Buddhist practice. It was rediscovered in Japan by Mikao Usui in the 1800's. Reiki can be translated to mean universal life force or universal guided energy. It is a natural, safe therapy which positively boosts well-being and complements other medical or therapeutic treatments. There are no religious connotations with Reiki, therefore no belief system is necessary to receive this method of treatment. Benefits may include deep relaxation and the promotion of a calm peaceful sense of well-being.
- promotes calming relaxation and promotes the body's own inner healing
- balances energy enhancing physical, emotional and spiritual well-being
- reduces tension, stress and anxiety
- contributes to relieving pain
- can be used as a preventative measure against illness
- reducing side effects of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- can complement and increase effectiveness of medical treatment
You will be asked about your general state of health and if you have any illness and will be asked what you would like the session to achieve and it will give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
This gentle treatment is given over clothing, normally lying down but can be performed sitting. It involves placing hands non-invasively on or above certain points of the body. Reiki energy is channelled and drawn to areas of particular need or imbalance. You may feel a pleasant warmth or heat coming from my hands, the treatment is relaxing and allows you to "let go" of stress and strains. There is a choice of either 30 minutes or 1 hour treatments.